Friday, February 07, 2014

...Using up Leftovers...Vegan Tofu-Chick'n and Wild Rice Soup...

...we had quite a bit of that Veggie Wild Rice Pilaf left over...

...and thinking that we'd probably eat it up better if it were somehow transformed a bit...leftovers can be a bit 'same-y'...

...I decided to make it over...into a nice Wild Rice and Chick'n soup...
...I put two more Not Chicken cubes in a pot with a couple of cups of water...
...added some plain silk creamer - about a cup...and some flour for thickening - about 1/4 cup...
...stirred that all up into a nice thick gravy-like soup...broke up some baked tofu squares (I almost always have these on hand) into bite sized pieces...and dumped them into the soup...
...then I chucked in the leftover pilaf...
...let it all simmer for a bit...
...and the veggie wild rice pilaf got to star in another dinner...
...a really, really delicious use of leftovers...

...what have you made from leftovers lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Of course! We are frugal! Mostly I just have 'dab' dinners or lunches though...love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a nice hearty soup. I haven't made anything with left overs lately. I just re-heat and eat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often make an easy tomato sauce and bung the leftovers in and eat it with pasta.

    ReplyDelete