Thursday, May 07, 2015

...a complete change of plans...

...remember when I showed you this bathtub...

...well...we changed our minds...so the tub had to go back...
...so first we accessed the existing drain from underneath...in the garage...
...we decided to go with the (much) more practical classic white tub...
...set it in place...
...sawed the wall stud to accommodate the new faucet...
...attached the new drain underneath...
...and then we called a plumber...
...now we're all about do-it-yourself...but we'd definitely be novices at soldering copper...and we for sure don't want any leaks behind the wall...so we thought it best to let the professionals handle this part...it was actually a pretty quick little job for them...and it's amazing to watch the soldering process...
...then our super handy helper cut the backer board...
...and screwed it in place...
...and now we're ready for some tile work...and that's back in my realm...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Can I ask why you changed your mind?

    I probably would end up with the classic tub too even though I really like the claw foot tub. I'm afraid I wouldn't be very good at remodelling. I would have a terrible time finalizing decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the tiles.

    ReplyDelete