Tuesday, May 12, 2015

...Tuesdays with Julia...

...this is actually not a new recipe...but just how we used up the leftovers from the Vegan Poulet en Cocotte Bonne Femme...which I had popped into the freezer...

...I thought they'd go well in a pot pie sort of dish...
...so I defrosted the leftovers in the microwave...and added a bag of frozen mixed veg...
...then I made a thick vegan white sauce...just almond milk and flour a little salt and pepper...
...mixed those together...and left them to simmer...
...while I made a biscuit dough topper...just flour butter and almond milk...recipe here...
...but the filling in a little casserole dish...
...and patted the biscuit dough pretty thin...
...baked until golden brown and bubbly...
...just served with a nice salad and tea...
...it was a delicious way to use up some leftovers...

...what have you been doing with your leftovers lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Well.. I think it's a great left-over diner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks yummy!

    most of our left-overs are just consumed without further adornment!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good. I think 'mixed veg' are very under rated and we can buy them very cheaply - and we do. I usually put leftovers in tomato sauce to have with pasta. Anything especially delicious we have as is for lunch the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this dish and have made variations of it.

    ReplyDelete