Friday, June 02, 2017

...5 Little Things Friday...

...It's time once again for 5 little things making me happy this Friday...

...I could probably do a post like this every day...and I think it's a good idea to focus on the positive as much as possible...and be thankful for all the little things in our lives that are nice...

1

...when we were up at Mom's last week...she gave me this...
...it's an old cast iron griddle...this is the back...
...and the front...

...I'm going to clean it really well and re-season it...

...and then...of course...I'm going to make pancakes on it...

2

...we are, once again, the recipients of some fresh yellow squash...from a neighbor's garden...

3

...these glass bottles...some of them are years old...most are Snapple bottles...

...I find it kinda sad that so few things come in glass bottles any more...because everyone knows that everything tastes better in glass...
...y'all have seen me take them shopping...and picking berries...I usually fill them with water or tea...
...and when my almond milk container gets low enough I'll transfer that to a smaller bottle to save some fridge space...

4

...I snagged two more 79¢ 5 lb. bags of bananas at the grocery store...

...so I'm in no danger of running out of N'ice Cream...

5

...and finally...I'm eating portobello mushrooms again...

...I had a bout of food poisoning when we were on vacation (years ago now)...caused by a Portobello mushroom sandwich that I ate while we were traveling...it ruined several days of that vacation...
...but here in a mix with some other mushrooms...I'm eating them again...
...grilled on the foreman grill...of course...

...what are you thankful for this Friday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful there was no rain this Friday though the clouds looked heavy with it. I was certain it would pour before I arrived home from meeting a friend and doing a few errands but it held off! Yeah!

    I agree that glass bottles make everything taste that much better. I'm sorry to hear Portobello mushrooms made you ill. That is certainly no fun. The mushroom mix looks very tasty. I too had some mushrooms this week. Simply delicious.

    Your pancake griddle looks so nice. I remember we had one of these when I was growing up. I'm not sure when mom got rid of it but it was already long ago.
    You'll enjoy some nice pancakes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glass is best. I have got rid of my plastic bowls, glass is best.

    ReplyDelete