Tuesday, April 13, 2021

...4.13...Over the Weekend...

...I picked up an InstaCart shop...
...and then...I was wanting to use up some more of the Bulghur Wheat that we had bought at the beginning of the pandemic...6 boxes...what were we thinking...

...and I just searched the interwebs...of course...for a recipe...and found this simple one...that I happened to have all the ingredients for...
...just cook the wheat...and add some corn...
...balsamic vinegar...
...and lemon juice...
...cucumbers...
...salt and pepper...
...it made a nice refreshing salad...but the Man was not a fan...so that's not a keeper...haha...I took the leftovers up to Mom's...more on that in a minute...
...earlier in the week...I had broken the stem to my beloved Emmie food processor (seriously st least 25 years old)...
...so once again...I turned to the internet for help...found a food safe epoxy and ordered it...
...mixed it up and glued it back together...a little tricky because it didn't want to go back into place...and because the stem had to be centered for it to work properly...
...but I got it back together...and put it back in the machine...turned it on...and it seems ok...it doesn't wobble or anything...so I'm pretty happy with the 'fix'...
...so I whizzed up some vegan tofu yogurt...
...and added some blueberries...
...and whizzed it up again...
...it's so perfect like this...I love vegan blueberry yogurt...
...one block of silken tofu makes exactly a pint of yogurt...
...the texture is perfect...
...then I rinsed out the Emmie...and made some tofu chocolate pudding...
...also a pint...
...and also perfect...

...and I packed those up with some other vegan goodies...
...and we had an absolutely gorgeous drive up into the mountains...
...I love it when the mountains first come into view...I almost always snap a photo...
...the obligatory morning porch shot of Mills Knob from Mom's porch...
...and this morning there was a heron at her pond...

...and we had such a nice visit with both of our Mom's...it's going to be good to get back normal...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got your Emmie fixed. We had the same issue but my fix failed. Now I only have the stand-up top blade to work with so I can only chop things like slaw, etc. I may try to find a used one for sale because I do love mine. Haha, I have many renditions of the same photo from Mom's porch. Funny that I never even noticed we had a "view" when we lived there! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...my poor old Emmie...I hope the epoxy fix holds up well...so far so good...the Man said why don't you just get a new food processor...but you know me...I'm pretty set in my ways and I'm 'used to' the Emmie and so far it still does everything I need it too...
      ...and yeah...the homeplace is beautiful...and we probably did take it for granted...
      Love,
      T

      Delete