Friday, September 30, 2022

...9.30...Friday Update...

...well...September is over...and fall is here...finally...but so is Ian...we're hunkering down here...

...and I put up a shiny new Fall banner...
...the flower vase puzzle is finished...
...definitely the hardest puzzle I've ever worked...
...so if you're looking for a challenge...get yourself one of these curvy edged puzzles...
...I sent Amy a picture of the finished puzzle too...
...it's kind of difficult to photograph the actual glory of it...haha...

...on the reading front...I finished the Crucible...it's available as a pdf on Google docs if you like reading books that way...I do not...haha...
...I actually think we read at least some excerpts of it in high school...it seemed awfully familiar to me...it wasn't long...but it was disturbing...it kind of reminded me of reading War and Peace...when Pierre overhears the French consulting about killing the prisoners...and thinks that he is about to be executed...and he has no control over the situation...that feeling of futility...when you can't control forces that have been set in motion...

...anywhoo...now I'm reading Johann Hari's Stolen Focus: Why You Can't Pay Attention—and How to Think Deeply Again

...it's fascinating...and I'm definitely going to try some of his suggestions for being more mindful...like getting more sleep...haha...
...and the sweet little princess Ariel doll has her mermaid tail...
...it started as this mermaid tail (key chain thing-y I think) that I picked up on the sidewalk when we were in Alabama visiting Our Airman...and there it was in my sewing box...waiting for just such a need...haha...
...I found some matching sequins at the Dollar Store...
...so I took the keyring apart and unstuffed the tail...
...made Ariel a little tube skirt and attached it to the existing tail...
...measured the length...
...and tapered the tube...
...and started sewing on sequins...
...it's a little bit tedious...the stretchy material of the tube is difficult to work with...
...but in the end it turned out super cute...and I only spent $1.25...so I'm glad I salvaged the little mermaid tail...and I used a little bit of pink something or other from the stash to make her little bikini top...string and shells would have been more 'accurate'...maybe next time I'm at a beach I'll find some appropriately sized small shells...haha...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend...if you're in the path Ian...stay safe...

2 comments:

  1. That sequin work is cool. I've never worked with them. Neat Ariel doll. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariel looks fanstastic! The fall banner on the blog is so seasonal inspiring, I do love Autumn!

    ReplyDelete