Wednesday, September 14, 2022

...9.14...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...a little bit of progress on Dollie #2...she now has a bum and half a leg...whatever I did wrong in the first doll that made me follow the pattern for left leg when I was really doing the right leg...well...I did that exact same thing again apparently...I think it's just that I'm knitting in the round in a different direction from the designer...not exactly sure why...but when you start the leg you re-arrange things and separate the stitches...and rejoin the yarn...so at that point you could go either way I guess...it's not a problem...but you definitely want her knee on the front...haha...

...and then...

...while I was dropping off a BUNCH of stuff at the local charity shop...I went in for a little browse...as one does...you know...
...and they have whole bags of nekkid Barbies for $1...so...I picked one that seemed to have a bunch of PRINCESSES in it...some regular Barbies too...

...because...

...I thought it would be fun for Grandmommy to have a whole collection of princess dolls to play with when my little ones come to visit...

...of course they're too young for Barbies right now...but I want to be ready to play with Barbies when they're ready...
...so I gave them all a bath...and curled their hair if that was appropriate for the princess...
...it's like a bouquet of Barbies...
...I'm going to start with this little red-headed beauty...Ariel was actually a princess who didn't appear on the scene until well past my princess playing time...
...oh my...that may be a bit too much curl...haha...
...doesn't she have a sweet face...but remember a little while ago...I read Disfigured by Amanda Leduc...and Hans Christian Andersen's 1837 story The Little Mermaid is really pretty gruesome...featuring murder and suicide...so it's a little bit different from the Disney version...haha...
...and after I combed and smoothed her hair a bit I think it's perfect...

...and so begins another "project"...haha...

...what's in your workbasket this week?

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Of course you need some dolls for the kids to play with when they visit. I love when you restore them to their beautiful selves.

    ReplyDelete