Monday, January 08, 2007

Space Aliens and the abducted North Country Hat

We were in Fargo this weekend and we ate at the Space Aliens Restaurant and unfortunately the North Country Hat is now missing - I'm sure some Alien is wearing it in deep space right now. The Man-Cub has asked for another one - but I'm not sure - he hasn't managed to keep one for a week yet.

Anyway, in keeping with the theme of space aliens - the Man-Cub asked for green Jello - well, jello is a like bad word for vegans - so I made some green goo:

I used 3 cups of water
1 packet of Lime Koolaid
1/2 cup of sugar and
3 Tablespoons of Agar Agar flakes that Karen sent for Christmas. It turned out very authentic.

And I just finished reading the Bird Flu Book by Michael Greger and it's really scary - as all the doom and gloom prophecies are... You can read the entire book online here http://birdflubook.com/g.php?id=5.

2 comments:

  1. hey, I read some of that e-book. the News and Observer had run a series similar a few weeks back. at the first outbreak, I think we'll take our kids camping for a year up on the property on grandma's mountain! isolationist theory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea - maybe we'll join you - the Man's job would make him very susceptible...

    T

    ReplyDelete