Thursday, August 02, 2007

Soymilk

I made my first batch of soymilk - YUM! The entire process took about 1/2 hour including cleaning the machine - I just used the instructions in the booklet - but I'm going to get some organic brown rice (the next time we're in the city) and try Bryanna's soymilk recipe http://www.bryannaclarkgrogan.com/page/page/638376.htm.
I soaked the Laura beans for 8 hours - that's not included in the 1/2 hour obviously - and rubbed off their skins - the booklet doesn't say to do this but Bryanna does...

Put them in the machine...and waited until it beeped - what could be easier - then I strained the milk - I saved the okara - not sure yet what I'll use it for...

Then I decanted the milk into my old-fashioned Milk Bottle - thanks K...

...isn't it pretty...

3 comments:

  1. this is interesting....if we're out in the wild blue ocean looking for milk, this might be just the trick. i'll have to read up on it. love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - it's great! I love it...

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and pretty..and a good feeling when you make it yourself..
    Very inspiering blog. I often take a look,but since I am so bad in English I do not often write a comment:-)
    Have a nice weekend...from Randi

    ReplyDelete