Thursday, May 29, 2008

A New Toaster Oven

My old toaster oven died - I say old - but it just seems like yesterday that we got it - it was a DeLonghi from Williams and Sonoma that we got sometime before the Man-Cub was born and I really liked it a lot - it had convection. I hate to throw away things...

Anyway it couldn't be fixed - so off we went to Stuff-Mart in search of a new toaster oven. The Man-Cub got some 8" sqare and 9" round pans from another shelf to make sure they'd fit. We brought it home, washed it and heated it up to get all the stinky new smells out.

I miss the old one - but I'll get used to the new one...

We baked some bread in it and it turned out fine - even without the convection no areas got too brown.

It's an old bread recipe - I've posted about it before - http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2007/07/bread-i-love-my-bread-maker.html

2 comments:

  1. hey, i would have never thought to bake bread in a toaster oven! doesn't matter 'cause i don't have a toaster oven!!

    where's your weather pixie? i depend on her now to tell me what crazy weather you're having

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey K,

    Nice gift idea for you then - they save a lot of energy and don't heat your house up in the summertime - I use mine a lot. Weather Pixie is down - yours too right now. We're having Tstorms right now - the Man and Man-Cub are out at the lake - troubling...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete