Saturday, October 04, 2008

Crackers...

We all knew I was 'crackers' already...

But I've been fooling around with some cracker recipes - I've had some real flops too - some so hard they might break a tooth if you ate them and some with no flavor or just the wrong texture - but this is what I finally came up with and it is really good:

3/4 t. Sea salt
1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour
1/2 cup soy milk
2 T. Agave syrup
1/3 cup canola oil
Coarse Sea Salt for garnish - I'll omit this next time.

Combine the wet ingredients - combine the dry ingredients and mix together. The dough will be soft. Knead the dough for a few minutes adding extra flour until it resembles play dough.

I rolled the dough out directly onto some parchment paper and cut the crackers with the pizza wheel.

I poked the crackers with a fork and sprinkled some sea salt on top - I'll omit this next time as they were salty enough.

Then we made Bryanna's Boursin recipe - and it ROCKS! - everyone loved it.
http://veganfeastkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/09/vegan-boursin-style-spread-from-scratch.html
We snacked on it all afternoon and ruined our suppers...

2 comments:

  1. i'll have to repeat myself - aren't you clever???

    love your cheeze spreaders....hahaha i've got some too, of course! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like crackers. But what is boursin? E

    ReplyDelete