Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Donating...or...Thrifting

Scout and I took some of our 'junk' to donate to the local charity thrift shop - I have to be careful when I do this as I don't want to come home with more than I drop off - Usually I'm only 'looking for' sheets for my Lutheran World Relief quilts - but Scout happened to find this old Orange Juice Pitcher - he said 'Look Mom - this will be perfect for my orange juice' - and it truly is his Orange Juice - the Man rarely drinks any and if I drink very much at all it causes little blisters inside my mouth - ouch - but Scout can (and often does) drink OJ with every meal - we just make sure he drinks with a straw (better for the teeth)......I'm pretty sure that's not the original topper - but Scout loves it because he can hold it on tightly and shake up the juice......now if they only had that little set of glasses that went with the pitcher...

4 comments:

  1. I have a special pitcher for my OJ too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that pitcher design. Juice is good for him. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem when I drop off my donations. Mikaela always want to go in for a look and we always come out with something we don't need.

    I think this pitcher will make orange juice just that little more enjoyable now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey - yes, i recall that design from somewhere, also...looks very "retro" doesn't it?

    have fun, love, k

    ReplyDelete