Thursday, November 01, 2012

...a belated Happy Halloween...

...our city mandates the night of Trick-or-Treat...and it's never on Halloween...I've lived a lot of different places and I've never experienced Trick-or-Treating on any night other than Halloween...
...but...Scout and a friend created some wonderful Jack-O-Lanterns...
...a hockey mask...and a kitty cat...
...and we decorated with our usual decorations for the occasion...you've seen them all before...
...this morning we still had a lot of snow...
...but it was mostly gone by this afternoon...and it was a nice warm 40ish afternoon for Trick-or Treating...
...the snow is almost all gone...
...and our little witch and ghost that we've had since Scout was little...
...the Trick-or-Treaters arrive...
...and Scout dressed up and gave out the candy...

...it was a lot of fun seeing the little kids...and kinda nice staying home...

....How many Trick-or-Treaters did you have?...did they come on Halloween or another day?... ~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you and your family there in Vermont (or Virginia, I forget which). I was watching the horrific effects of Hurricane Sandy and hoping you were safe. I'm glad to hear you are.

    I don't celebrate Halloween. There is a blot post about this on my post if you have time to understand why. I am glad you and your child had fun and that you are all safe. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trick or Treat is not widespread here but we hang out our glowing skeleton to let children know we open for business.

    I had small packs of sweets and some apples, the children were happy with both.

    Funny, my son (32) asked me what I did and when I told him his reply was 'APPLES!' I said sweets as well but he found it hard to get past apples.


    I do love the little ones who come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! looks like much fun! neat to transition from the "going-trick-or-treating" to "being in charge of giving out candy to the youngsters!"

    i didn't notice before, but your two little trees near the front door are going to be FABULOUS at christmas time! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a nice Halloween here. Our Main Street businesses in downtown opens their doors to trick-or-treaters for 2 hours, with police crossing at each street corner. Even more fun is our "haunted library" right in the middle of it all; my 2 older boys helped as dancing skeletons in that and had a blast, while Noah pulled recycled the old Buzz Lightyear costume:-)

    Your pumpkins look great, and that snow, sheesh!

    Have a good night,
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete