Monday, July 03, 2017

...Over the Weekend...

...it's BLUEBERRY Season here...
...so...I got out our berry basket...made by the Man's Mamaw many years ago...and I lined it with a grocery bag...so it wouldn't get stained...
...then we headed up the road (about a mile) to this farm...
...where the bushes were loaded with blueberries...or...'bloobs' as we like to call them...
...and I mean really loaded...with big fat juicy bloobs...
...that just jumped off the bush into our hands...
...and into our basket...
...so we almost filled it up...and toted it home...
...I froze about half...and we've been enjoying the rest fresh...in N'ice Cream...vegan probiotic yogurt...in pancakes...but most are just eaten out of hand...

...do you have a berry season where you live?...in North Dakota we had raspberry season in July...and growing up we had blackberry season in late summer...here too...so we've got that still to look forward to...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. This time it's me who has a neighbor bring me blueberries, twice about a gallon each. Like you I froze some and have eaten the rest. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my blueberries but I don't know anywhere that grows them. We have lots of berries, blackberries, raspberries, loganberries (the blackbirds always get to mine first) and currants. I eat blackcurrants every day now because it has been proven that they stop glaucoma which I have just been diagnosed with! I do have the drops as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, those are big blueberries! Lindy told me to go harvest some from her tree while she's on vacation. i will do that in a few days.

    love,k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your basket!
    Up here the season for blueberries is in august.
    And they are just sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete