Thursday, July 20, 2017

...W.I.A.Y. ...at Mom's...

Breakfast - a HUGE vegan biscuit smothered in TVP sausage gravy...around the table filled with family...what could be better...
Lunch - Tomatoes THREE ways...the yellow Romas are from the SDA store...who knew there even were yellow Romas...the green ones are from Mom's garden...perfectly fried...and then a mug of tomato soup with Ritz crackers...'cause that's how I roll...
...Mom's ancient apple tree...started by Daddy from a twig he got from the old homeplace...so it's about as old as Mom's house...but loaded with apples this year...
...so I picked one for a snack...you can almost see a leaf stuck to the side...
...'cause when I brought it in to wash it off...it made a green spot on the apple...
...it didn't affect the taste any though......BEST apples ever...

Snack - Heirloom Apple
Dinner - Tomatoes and cucumbers, corn on the cob, vegan coleslaw, veg baked beans, and a baked potato with BBQ sauce...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. neat-o....my day was not anywhere near as colorful!
    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds delicious. It reminded me of my Aunty Margaret's apple tree that had small red apples that were intently sweet and wonderful. She had a cellar filled with large Bramley apples for cooking which we ate throughout the year, it smelt lovely.

    ReplyDelete