Monday, February 26, 2018

...Freebies...

...I was dropping off a box of 'stuff'...I'm trying to keep it under control as we do some spring cleaning and get rid of it a box at a time...haha...

...and at this Charity Shop they have a box by the door labeled FREE...so I always take a look in there...it's just items that they deem to be un-sale-able...
...this time there was this cute striped top...and I'm such a sucker for stripes...

...it's often the case that the imperfections are not immediately visible...
...and this Coldwater Creek white shell...
...someone had tried to fix this problem with some fusible tape/binding...but had not done a very good job...so the sorters probably just threw it into the free bin for that...

...when I got it home...I pulled the tape off and gave it a wash...and a couple of stitches will probably correct this small tear invisibly...
...and this sleeve of the cute striped top (only this one - the other one is fine) will get shortened a couple of inches...both actually...so they match...
...and although it's no longer anywhere near scarf weather...this soft fuzzy scarf...
...complete with a couple of holes as well...

...I'm going to try embroidering some flowers over the holes...kind of like I did with this spot repair...

...and if I'm unsuccessful with any of these 'fixes'...I'm still not out anything...

...have you ever taken anything from the 'free' bin?

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Great to fix a freebie! We are having a very cold snap being called 'The Beast From the East'! Straight from The Steppes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job with redeeming the free the items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea for your local thrift shop--a way to keep them out of the landfill and still serve some use! I get slightly damaged clothes like this a lot from friends. Since they know I sew and can fix it whereas they have no idea/inclination to do that and would just prefer to buy a new one. I love mending though. It is probably my favorite type of sewing, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,
    ...sounds like you have some nice friends...
    ~Affectioknit-ly,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete