Friday, August 17, 2018

...Friday Favorites...a fail...sort of...

...Y'all already know that I love Vegan Banana Pudding...
...but I've never been too much of a fan of the bananas in the pudding...cold and soggy...

...so I had the 'brilliant' - haha...idea of adding pureed banana to the pudding...
...and I used these Kedem Vanilla tea biscuits for the vanilla wafers...
...just layered the usual way...
...wafers...pudding...wafers...pudding...
...just no banana layer...
...I'm going to add sliced fresh banana later...
...the banana turned the pudding a funny green colour though...
...some perfectly ripe organic bananas...
...sliced and added to the pudding...it was disappointing...there was not a lot of banana flavor...
...leftover the next morning...still not as good as 'regular' banana pudding...
...but the wafer pudding is good...like a soft bread pudding...

...so...I won't be making my banana pudding this way again...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, cute story. I would have figured that the puree would have given MORE flavor, not less.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      Yeah...it just wasn't the same...so I'll go back to the regular way from now on...the wafer pudding was really good though...remember those vegan wafers you sent me a long time ago in ND...I wish I could find those again...oh well...have to make some more...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. Vegan wafers! I'll have to check for that up here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ephée,
      They're good...not exactly the same as vanilla wafers...but good...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete