Thursday, August 17, 2023

...8.17...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...started the day with a bowlful of overnight oats and blackberries...
...then mid-morning I had a slice of whole wheat toast and a cup of creamy sweet tea...
...and then I really just snacked throughout the middle part of the day...this is a sort of deconstructed tomato sammie...the tomato was the last of the garden fresh ones we were gifted...and there's a generous slathering of Hellman's Vegan Mayo on the bread...
...then for 'lunch'...or midday snack...I had some leftover vegan pizza...
...and mid-afternoon...I cooked this entire bag of fideo noodles...I'd picked them up on sale at the grocery store for 50 cents...
...and I do love noodles with Earth Balance...salt and pepper...so comforting...
...but we did have a proper dinner...a big salad with homemade dressing...Griddler-fried okra...and the Man said it'd been a long time since we'd had 'beanie-weanies'...so he made those with Veggie dogs...and it was all delicious...his version of beanie-weanies is a little bit too spicy for me...but that's no surprise...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Let's see - a bagel and cream cheese before we left to go to Oriental. Then mid-afternoon I had a cheese sandwich with bread/butter pickles and tomato from Denise's garden (last one I have!) then several slices of the BOGO Greek pizza from the local pizzeria. Lots of cheese, haha! Love, K

    ReplyDelete