Friday, August 04, 2023

...8.4...Friday Update...

...Posting some comments to blog friends here...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...so glad your friend saved the falcon...I've frozen avocados before and they're fine for guac and sushi so I'm sure yours will be too...and isn't Griddler-ed squash just about the best thing ever...or maybe it's those little tomatoes...Loved our quick visit...and I remembered the rest of that saying...“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without”...see below...hahaha...Love, T...

...to Beth from BLD in MT : Living a Simple Life in This Interconnected World ...Hi Beth...All of your summertime food and flowers look so good...

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...I love the colour of your mitts and your pretty charms...and your birth sampler is so pretty...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...your noodles look delicious...I love peanut sauce too...and the olive and tofu 'chick'n' dish looks really good...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...oh my goodness...I'm so sorry you were so sick...but glad you're doing better now at home...and you've accomplished so much there...I love your curtains

...on the reading front...I've read a few more Agatha Christie books:

I finished the book I took on our trip - They Do It with Mirrors 1952
A Daughter's a Daughter 1952 As Mary Westmacott...I really liked this one...I've enjoyed all of the Westmacott books so far...it's just that they're really different from the detective story/mystery novels...
After the Funeral 1953
A Pocket Full of Rye 1953
Destination Unknown 1954
Hickory Dickory Dock 1955
...and I'm currently reading Dead Man's Folly 1956
...and I just made a quick little 'patch' for my old point and shoot camera...out of masking tape...because the little door that holds the battery and memory card has been randomly popping open...nothing happens...I mean they don't fall out because there's a little lever/catch thingy that you have to slide to remove the battery and the memory card has a spring catch that you have to push to engage...
...it's just regular masking tape...that I camoflauged to match the camera's colours...
...I just coloured the tape with sharpies to match the black and red on the camera...haha...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like your camera has really done it's service. Those small cameras were so nice and handy but I never use mine anymore. I just use the smart phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute to comment here... I am a huge fan of Agatha Christie. I keep reading and reading her! Destination Unknown is really good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy did you get your money's worth with your camera!! I love mine and they are still going strong.

    ReplyDelete