Monday, May 26, 2014

...Poppies...and Juniors...

...do you always buy a poppy for Memorial Day...

...did you know that the Remembrance Poppy has been used since 1920 to commemorate soldiers who have died...

...go here if you never read In Flanders Fields...
...in other news...Scout is officially a Junior...we've had such lovely weather that he did a bit of his final studying out on the deck...and I took the opportunity for a surreptitious photo through the screen...

~Have a lovely Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Travelling through Northern France and Belgium the endless military cemeteries are such a reminder of WWI. I have two great uncles who rest there an uncle from WWII killed in the Battle for Caen after D Day and I wear my poppy with pride.

    I was in St Omer and saw the memorial ceremony for the end of the War in Europe when the French remember all the war dead. Very moving it was.

    ReplyDelete