Saturday, May 24, 2014

...Vegan Egg Salad Sammie...

Y'all know how I always have baked tofu on hand...I almost always 'scramble' (read crumble and bake) some...I just put some in the oven whenever I have it on for any reason...so I always have it on hand...

...and I often make a vegan egg salad using my vegan eggs...
...but this time I decided (lazy I guess) to use some of my crumbled baked tofu instead of going to the the trouble of making vegan hard boiled eggs...
...I just sprinkled on some black salt (kala namak) - (you'd be amazed at the egg-y flavor this sulfur-y salt imparts)...then the usual vegan mayonaise, mustard, celery, and sweet pickle...
...mix it up and make a sammie...

...it was so delicious...and easy...and the texture of the baked tofu scramble was perfect...

~Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments: