Wednesday, May 28, 2014

...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I have another friend expecting a new baby...

...they're doing a Classic Pooh nursery...

...so I'm making a little blankie to go with that...pattern here...without the stripes...
...I've got most of the center block done...It's Lion Brand Pound of Love in Antique White...the same yarn that I used for the B.A.B.Y. blanket...

...what?...you mean you don't use a laundry basket to hold your knitting projects?...it's handy and portable...and easily stow-able in the laundry room out of sight...

...anyway...I'm just deciding what type of border...with this pretty muted lime-y green...

...plain knit with mitered corners like on the B.A.B.Y. blanket...well..except that at this point I'd have to pick up and knit along the sides...

...or a simple single crocheted in the round...like on the Dr. Seuss Blanket...probably not anything with lace - the babe is a boy...

...and...I kinda like this wavy border here...

...What do you think?

...oh and the book in there is this month's Book Club read...The Intern's Handbook...I'm about half-way through it...not really my kind of book though...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. How big do you make your baby blankets? The one I'm working on seems to be growing rather large. I peeked at a pattern book at Hobby Lobby where I bought the yarn, and just went from there. I'll try to post a WIP on it, hope to have it finished this weekend or next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends were expecting their fourth baby and I bought the cutest little baby socks in France. The baby arrived and weighed in at 10lbs 3oz and although long and slender his feet were way too big for my baby socks!

    Being number four there was everything waiting for him so I didn't feel too bad.

    ReplyDelete