Tuesday, August 12, 2014

...my first Rejuvelac...

...I've had Miyoko Shinner's Artisan Vegan Cheese for a while now...

...but I haven't made anything yet...because most of the recipes require rejuvelac...and it seemed silly to try and make it when I was out of town so much of the summer...
...so I gathered my ingredients...just filtered water...wheat berries...some cheesecloth and a jar...
...it's super easy...just pour the water over the wheat...
...and leave it sitting on the counter...
...for a couple of days...
...change the water daily like you are growing sprouts...
...and when you see the little sprouts appear you're about halfway done...
...divide into two jars...and pour over more filtered water...
...but this time you won't be changing the water...leave it sitting on the counter for a couple of days...
...and you're done...
...just pour it through a filter and refrigerate...

...then you're ready to make some 'cheese'...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment: