Monday, February 09, 2015

...Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella Cheeze...

...when I saw this recipe over at It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken...

...I thought...I've got to try that...it looked so easy and good...
...so I got out my cashews...I had not pre-soaked them...
...but that was ok...because Sam said that she doesn't always soak hers in advance...so she just boils them for a few minutes...
...a few simple ingredients...Tapioca starch is what makes the cheeze stretchy...
...a few other simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand...
...just put everything in the blender...
...and blend it all up..until it's nice and smooth...
...then put it in a saucepan and start cooking it...
...until it gets all gooey and stretchy...a few minutes...
...perfect gloopy...gloppy...stretchy...cheezey goodness...
...just served wtih some tortilla chips...
...so delicious and fun...we'll definitely be making this again...I think it would be super with some salsa and hot sauce mixed in too...

...and the FINAL nākd Bar flavor is...
...Cocoa Crunch...
...a few ingredients...I really liked the crunchies...
...and only 106 calories...

...it was so much fun trying all of these bars...we all have our favorites and we'll definitely be ordering them again...

...go to Natural Balance Foods for more info...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. that all looks yummy!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. last night, i just finished a book - Poisonwood Bible - set in the Congo. they kept talking about the ladies farming a staple starch root called manioc. so, i looked it up and found that it is also known as cassava - and in powdered form is tapioca! and it's a main source of carbs in tropical regions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Poisonwood Bible, most people of my generation who were children in the 1950s associate tapioca with milk puddings at school. We had caffe mocha this evening and our favourite so far.

    We had the

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm keen to try this!

    ReplyDelete