Wednesday, February 18, 2015

...the Black Hills...

...an abandoned cabin...and yes we really do go from snow back to dry in just a few miles...the elevation causes that...
...somewhere in the Black Hills...
...I was trying to get a photo of the ice fishermen on this slushy frozen lake...they did the same thing in North Dakota...
...Scout walked out onto the ice...but not far from shore...
...and he found an arrowhead right by the shore...just like he used to in North Dakota...
...heading further east...mule deer by the road...
...look at that sky...
...deadwood near Custer...reminds me of our flu vacation to Deadwood, SD and Mount Rushmore...I wonder what's killing all the trees...
...and I finally get to see Crazy Horse...
...I expected it to be more finished...
...and finally heading back to Casper...to catch our flight home...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I find the arrow heads quite amazing. A friend here in Chichester found a flint 'knife' while on a walk. It is extraordinary to hold that flint in my hand and to know that thousands of years ago someone held it in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly awe-inspiring scenery! i think the crazy horse carving was about the same when we were there many years ago....hope your flight home is easier! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were in my town! AHHH! I would have loved to meet you!

    ReplyDelete