Thursday, November 26, 2015

...Thanksgiving Bean Spread...

...first of all...HAPPY THANKSGIVING...

...one other thing that I made to take to Mom's for the family Thanksgiving celebration...

...I had this package of Lima Beans that I had moved here from West Virginia...and I wanted to use them up...I'm not sure how long dried Lima Beans will last...probably a long time...
...I used this recipe from Camilla Lima Beans...

Ingredients:

•3 cups cooked Camellia Brand Large Lima Beans
•1/2 cup lemon juice
•1 tablespoon minced garlic
•2 tablespoons minced red onion
•1 teaspoon dried cilantro
•2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
•1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
•1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
•1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:
1.Purée cooked lima beans in a food processor.
2.Add puréed beans to a large bowl, and mix in remaining ingredients until well blended.
3.Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
4.Serve by spreading on toasted bread slices or crackers.

...I'll let you know how well we like this garlicky spread tomorrow...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. We call lima beans butter beans! Very popular in our house and this looks a great way to eat them. Lovely on jacket potatoes I think.

    ReplyDelete