Friday, April 12, 2019

...Vegan Chick'n Pot Pie...

...this is the recipe they were using for the pot pies for the Lenten supper at Church...it's pretty simple and pretty easily veganized...
...I rehydrated some Soy Curls...
...squeezed all the water out and then soaked them again in a mixture of Vegan Chick'n Bouillon and Marmite...
...I used Jill McKeever's Vegan Cream of Chicken Soup Recipe...pretty simple and easy too...
...although the stick blender in the pot did not work very well...
...I transfered it to the blender's cup and it worked perfectly...creamy and delicous vegan soup for all your casserole needs...
...poured that over the Soy Curls and blanched mixed veg...
...then I decided on a more traditional pie crust topping instead of the poured over one from the recipe...I still used Earth Balance and some vegan buttermilk made from almond milk and a little bit of cider vinegar...
...rolled that out between the layers of a big opened up ziploc bag that I keep just for this purpose...
...then peeled that off over the pie...
...and left it kindof rustic looking...
...and baked until golden...it was delcious...
...I know y'all are wondering how I clean and dry my pie crust helper thingy...I just wash it in warm soapy water and then hang it up to dry before I roll it up and put it away in the cupboard...

~Have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. Yum! That pot pie looks delicious!!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...it's really good...I took some up to Mom's and she really liked it too...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. This pot pie is too tempting; I think i'm gonna make it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Éphée,
      ...I hope you like it...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete