Saturday, August 10, 2019

...Dinner and a Movie...

...I was totally on my own for Dinner and a Movie last night...because the Man is away at a conference...

...so I just made one of my bowls and an asian slaw/salad...that was really good...

...and for the movie...since I was on my own...I chose a movie that I was pretty sure the Man would have absolutely NO interest in watching...Mary Poppins Returns...

...and it was actually better than I expected...you know how you almost hate to watch a sequel or a remake of beloved movie...because you're afraid they'll ruin it...this one, by no means will hold as fond a place in my memory as the original Mary Poppins does...but it was a good family flick...sweet and funny and pretty predictable...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend...

4 comments:

  1. Awww, sweet movie. For sure "the man" would not enjoy! We're now watching Westworld (the series about the old Yul Brynner flick). A bit bloody...but the "blood" is from the robots, not the humans. Well, not the humans YET anyway I understand.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      I remember westworld...but I don't remember it being all that gory...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. I've seen this movie ... I quite enjoyed it! Though I was not a huge fan of Mary Poppins, i liked the new version.
    I'm watching the serie "War and peace" from the brilliant Tolstoy novel wich I read 2 or 3 times when I was a teen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Éphée,
    I love love love War and Peace...I've read it a couple of times...it's such a moving human story...full of redemption and love...I'll have to watch that series...does it do the novel justice?...
    ~Affectioknit-ly,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete