Wednesday, April 22, 2020

...4.22...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I made another one of the TWO-TONED WOMEN'S SLIPPERS from XOXO CROCHET...you know...so I'd have one for each foot...haha...

...and I barely...barely had enough yarn...in fact I ran out of the gold on the last row...so there are a few stitches of a slightly different colour...it's hard to tell in this light though...and I also ran out of the lighter grey...on the sc border around the top...so I just doubled the other darker grey and finished that...

...so it wound up being a really good use of some stash yarn...
...and I'm really happy with them...
...they fit really well...and don't slip off my heel...and hopefully they are thick enough not to wear out too quickly...as I must be rather hard on slippers...
...and I also finished the navy socks...
...I really love them...they are so comfortable with their boxy toe and princess sole...it's my favorite sock pattern...but I don't decrease the toe the same as the pattern...

...when I get to the end of the widest part of my foot...I start decreasing every 3rd row...for 5 decreases (15 rows)...and then I decrease every row 4 times...this leaves me with 10 stitches to kitchener instead of 8...and makes a nice rounded toe that I like a lot better than the more pointy one from the pattern...
...and of course the princess sole...is just reverse stockinette over the 30 (or for me 28 - because I decrease 4 extra stitches before I start the sole)...

...what's in your workbasket?

~Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Those slippers are so cute, i do wish i lived near you so that i could learn how to crochet and knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww!...I wish you lived closer to me too~
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  2. Sweet looking footies...and I love the navy socks - they look super comfy and likely to get more so with washing. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shape my toe with a decrease every other row until ten stitches are on each needle (40 total) then every row until there are four on each needle (16 total). I liked reading what you do. Love your slippers and you can't see any color difference if it is in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen!
      ...it's interesting how you shape your toe too...I've definitely tweaked this pattern over the years...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete