Thursday, April 16, 2020

...4.16...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...for breakfast...I had a piece of toast..with tofu and bacon bits and some black salt for a sort of egg sandwich...I just folded it over...so it was like a half sandwich...and that's the heel of the bread...because bread is in short supply...I can make more though...
...for lunch I made mac and cheeze...and added a bag of frozen mixed veg to it...it was yummy and filling...
...later in the afternoon I was snacky...so I had some hummus with some homemade pita...
...then for dinner...the Man made a nice Bolognese sauce...using some marinara from the freezer...and some TVP...
...and I got some frozen shredded homemade vegan mozzarella out of the freezer...
...cooked some fusilli...I had some lasagna noodles...but the Man wanted fusilli...and assembled a sort of casserole...with the noodles sauce and cheese...I whipped up some tofu ricotta as well a the vegan mozz...
...and then just baked that until everything was bubbly and melted...

...now...normally...we'd have salad and bread with this...haha...
...but during this pandemic...we are using what we have...and we have lots of broccoli right now...
...so I just steamed some broccoli for a side...(cornbread and slaw would have been better...right sis?...)
...and I didn't even take a photo of the plate...ooops...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, they all make fun of me when I serve spaghetti, coleslaw, cornbread (and sometimes a side of corn too)! But they seem to enjoy eating it anyway! Great combo. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this is so perfect! It looks like fiesta all day!
    The bolognaise must have been awesome!
    Yesterday i had home made bagels with home made (vegan) cream cheese, lentil and sweet potato sheherds pie, and lasagna for supper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Éphée,
      ...bagels are on my list of breads to make this week too...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete