Thursday, April 23, 2020

...4.23...What I Ate in a Day...As a Vegan...

...I started the morning with a piece of homemade wheat toast topped with some almond butter (which I'm trying to use up) mixed with some peanut butter...
...later I had some homemade strawberry soy yogurt with some flax seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries, cranberries, pecans...and a half a brazilnut - for a full days supply of selenium...it was so good...and it's time to make some more soy yogurt now...
...for lunch I went out and pulled up some more of those little wild onions...because I wanted them to top the Korean Lentils...
...I've made these Sweet Korean Lentils before...and they immediately became a favorite...
...over jasmine rice...and sprinkled with the onions and sesame seeds...it was a delicious lunch...
...and FINALLY...I got some groceries...
...I had placed the order online last Friday...and my pickup times was Wednesday at 4:00 PM...such a crazy wait time...but I'm happy to finally have a bunch of fresh veggies...and the shopper did a good job of choosing fresh and crisp veggies...there were several things that we did not get...but I'm really happy to have what we did get...and it was a contactless transaction...I just pulled up and popped the trunk and they loaded everything...
...so for dinner...we pretty much just had veggies...I've still got 2 quarts of hummus in the freezer...and I made some Greek pitas to go with it...
...and the first 'big salad' I've had in a month...so delicious...
...and then I baked one of those big potatoes we got at the Church...chopped up a tomato...and whipped up some vegan ranch...

...what did you eat yesterday?...are you getting enough fresh veggies?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks very delicious today. I have been trying hard to make sure I get a lot of veggies (fresh and frozen) but this week I didn't get as much in as I would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      We were so happy to get some fresh veggies...it's been a month since I've had a salad...Hope all is well there...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Haha, loved the "big salad" comment. You've been stuck watching Seinfeld haven't you??

    So, I looked at the recipe for the lentils - it looks like something I'd like to make and I think I have all the ingredients on the boat. But the recipe says 10 minutes to cook the lentils. Does yours cook that quick? I'm sure mine take 30 minutes or more....

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...you're right about the lentils...mine take longer...probably 25-30 minutes...
      Love,
      T

      Delete