Friday, October 14, 2022

...10.14...Friday Favorites...

...chronicling all of the goodies we got on our trip to the mountains to visit our Moms...

...in no particular order...they're all favorites...haha...

...also...happy to be able to post here...but still unable to post on any reCaptcha secured blogs for some reason...I think I may try it from my phone as my Sissie says she has fewer problems with my blog from there...
...my sweet Big brother and SIL came over for a quick visit while I was at Mom's...and they gave me these two bags of home roasted coffee...it's so delicious...we had some at my Sissie's house a couple of weeks ago too...he has a pretty amazing setup for roasting it in a shed behind his house...it smells amazing out there...
...and then my Baby brother and SIL also came for a little visit...also bearing gifts...these are some Annaheim and Jalapeno peppers...they have an amazing garden (there are some pictures of it in this post from a couple of years ago...and it's only gotten better)...
...and Mom packed a few goodies in our cooler before we left...we'd had a conversation about the perfect ripeness of bananas...and as I like them a little bit more spotty than Mom she gave me one of perfect ripeness...an Asian pear and some of her delicious dried apples...she also had some that she had frozen that were from my favorite apple tree in her yard...
...there were goodies from the Man's Mom as well...a CoolWhip container of these delicious black grapes...
...and about a half of a container of The Tonight Dough...that I'd had for dessert at her house...it made it home semi-frozen...still perfect though...

...so now on to the non-food items we got...
...Mom gave me this gorgeous dress (that she wore as a going away dress at her wedding)...I'll get her to send a photo of her wearing it...and I know it's more of a springtime dress...but I'm going to wear it to Church on Sunday...
...and also pair of white sneakers...not sure why the photo is blurry...
...and the Man's Mom was also cleaning out her closet and gave me all of these shoes...two pairs of dress flats...navy and black...and two pairs of clogs...perfect for a quick slip on...
...and the flats are vegan...YAY!
...a whole bag of puzzles...also YAY!...

...so what did we do with all of that goodness...
...we'll I pretty quickly ate up both the ice cream...and the grapes...and the delicious pear...which the Man took a huge bite out of...haha...
...we took the Jalapenos and made a quick sort of deconstructed popper thing-y with them...
...wearing gloves...I've learned my lesson...right Sissie?...
...sliced in half and on an oven-proof dish...topped with vegan cheese and panko bread crumbs...
...into the oven until nice and gooey and crispy and golden brown...
...and then they actually separated back into little popper/finger food...three for each of us...they were perfect...and not too hot...
...and we worked the first of the puzzles...while listening to the Jan. 6th hearings...
...these are 300 pieces...and an easy accomplishment for two people in an evening...
...probably a two-nighter for one person...haha...
...and finally we had gone to the local Mexican restaurant with the Man's Mom...and brought home the leftovers...so that made for a super easy supper...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. wow! you sure did make out on that trip! My dad gives food as gifts all the time, every time I see him. I never say no :)

    ReplyDelete