Tuesday, October 25, 2022

...10.25...Tuesdays with Julia...

...we made these delicious grated potato pancakes...Julia calls them VEGAN CRÊPES DE POMME DE TERRE...
...we had ours with our vegan tofu steaks...carrots and spinach...and applesauce...

...they were delicious and all of the particulars are over at The Vegan Version...
...these are the really quick vegan tofu 'steaks' that I made for this meal...I just baked some thick slices of tofu in the oven...then slathered them with Earth Balance while they were still hot...
...then spread on a thin layer of Marmite...really thin...you definitely don't want to overdo this one...
...Marmite adds a certain...sort of earthy-irony flavor...I think...
...and finally sprinkle on some vegan beef flavored bouillon...and that's all there is to that...super easy...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. I've still never tried marmite. That meal sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pomme de Terre - I always think of potatoes as apples of the earth :) Being English I love Marmite but have never thought to use it on tofu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun. I assume that's close to the Vegemite that I sampled in Australia. You're right, can't overdo that stuff! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG OMG OMG! Google allowes me to read your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I discover this; wich is more than perfect for me! WOW! Potato pancake and tofu... Could I ask for anything more!

    ReplyDelete