Wednesday, January 25, 2023

...1.25...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I was so happy to climb back onto my Oma Fiets for a nice long ride on our first day back...but I was getting kind of tired of my phone and keys jangling around in my basket...so...I spent about 1/2 hour recycling and crafting a little holder for them...and it's one of those little projects that takes about as long to describe as it did to make...
...first of all the holder will need to be fairly waterproof...I don't usually ride in a downpour (I have...if I've gotten caught in a sudden shower)...but I often ride in a drizzle of rain...

...so...I chose a Silk container for the base of my holder...it's designed to hold a liquid and it's fairly sturdy...and I just traced around it to make a paper pattern...
...then I cut it out of the piece of that flocked white tablecloth material...I still have quite a bit of it in my stash from North Dakota...
...stitched up the sides...
...it made a neat little cube...
...turned it right side out...
...flattened out the seams a bit...
...and inserted the cut off Silk carton...
...all neat...and tidy...and square...
...then I turned under the rim and stitched it down...
...I'm pretty tickled with it...
...it's a perfect size for my phone...
...now...I have to attach it to the basket...as a box for the phone wouldn't be much use if it too bounced around the basket...haha...so I got out some synthetic twine...
...and punched two holes in my little holder...
...threaded the twine through the holes and around two of the metal posts of the basket...
...and there it is...neatly tucked into the corner of the basket...
...and it holds my phone in a good position...
...then...while I was 'at it'...I made a little baggie to hold my keys...
...just a little drawstring bag...
...and now my keys nestle silently up against my phone...
...and then...because it really is a drizzly rainy sort of day here...I stitched closed one of those vinyl gloves...
...turned it right side out...
...and it fits perfectly over my phone to protect it from the rain...
...and I'll just leave it folded in the bottom of the box when I don't need it...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting idea! I have one of those zippered bags attached with velcro to the handle bars....not a spiffy as your setup! Love, K

    ReplyDelete