Saturday, February 04, 2023

...2.4...Dinner and a Movie...

...earlier in the day...I made a banana pudding...using my favorite Bird's Custard...
...and since I can't lay my hands on any vegan vanilla wafers right now...I just used the Kedem Tea Biscuits...they're a pretty good substitute...
...and put that into the fridge to chill for a bit...
...and we loved (really LOVED) the Okinawan purple sweet potatoes that we had in Japan...and the Man found these purple Japanese sweet potatoes...they're not quite the Okinawan kind...but close...
...so we baked one of those...to share...they're huge...
...and the Man made us a nice bean soup...and we had greens and beets and vegan cornbread too...
...and of course...a hefty helping of vegan banana pudding for dessert...

...and the movie was the Man's choice...and it was You People...and I kind of had pretty high expectations just based on the cast...Eddie Murphy, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jonah Hill...etc...and the subject matter is an interracial marriage and how the two families adjust (or don't)...but I found it just a bit odd...like it didn't know what kind of movie it wanted to be...was it a satire...or a romantic comedy...or just a comedy...and I guess it was all of those...but mostly just a rom-com...haha...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a colorful plate of food!! We're watching the 3rd season of Jack Ryan (based on Tom Clancy's books). Not too terribly interested in the season - just too convoluted story about spys/Russia/Czech Republic/Ukraine.....almost finished so hopefully will move on to something more enjoyable. Love,K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love purple potatoes!!! Yum! I haven't seen that movie before.

    ReplyDelete