Saturday, August 01, 2020

...8.1...Dinner and a Movie...Vegan Ginataang Gulay...

...how on earth did it get to be August 1st...I think this time of quarantine is a little bit disorienting time-wise...

...but...do y'all remember over the last weekend that I cut up and roasted a huge butternut squash...

...I specifically wanted to use the roasted cubes to make Vegan Ginataang Gulay which is just vegetables cooked in coconut milk...it's a Filipino classic...

...I looked at several different recipes online...and then took different bits from each one...

...this one by One Green Planet...

...and this one by Astig Vegan...

...and this one by Simply Bakings...
...I started by cooking some onion...just yellow onion 'cause that's what I have...and garlic...
...added some spinach and fresh green beans...
...and some mild red chilis...
...whizzed up some of that powdered coconut milk...
...and then added the cubed and roasted butternut squash...so it's a really simple dish...
...let it simmer a bit...
...and served it with white rice...
...I thought it was delicious...the Man...not so much...haha...

...and for the movie...we started a new (to us) series...Tales from the Green Valley...it's a BBC series...and it's really interesting...it reminds me of 1900 House that we watched on PBS many years ago...anywhoo...it'll probably take a few weeks to watch them all...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend...

6 comments:

  1. well i must admit i have never heard of Filipino classic Vegan Ginataang Gulay until today, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look yummy, but I can see that the Man might not be so enamored with it. We actually are watching something now - the Yellowstone series - a western modern day with Kevin Costner as the sortof bad guy. Too stressful - I don't think you'd like it. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coconut and veggie dish looks and sounds delicious. As for what I've been watching lately it seems like I've only partially watched several movies I had on the PVR machine. Nothing stands out. I also watched the Australian series called Stateless on Netflix. It was interesting and quite good and also based on real life events. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      Thanks for the Stateless recommendation...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete
  4. I love Tales from The Green Valley and have the series on DVD. My Nottinghamshire ancestors were farmers at this time. Just small farms but with the common land it was possible to make a good living. Watching this gave an insight to their lives, just the same with the Victorian and Edwardian farms that they had during those times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would eat it! We've been watching netflix - finished last tango in halifax (season one and two were good enough, season three - meh).

    ReplyDelete