Friday, August 21, 2020

...8.21...Friday Favorites...

...this is a pretty random post...
...I know I've mentionned before that I love living out in the country...and apparently we live so far out in the country that there are people (students) who do not have internet access in their homes...
...so the county school system has placed a Wi-Fi enabled school bus in our Church parking lot...and students can come and either connect to the internet from their cars or actually get on the bus and do their school work...another pretty ingenious solution to one of the problems created by the Pandemic...
...I'm still loving my Foreman Grill...I almost always line it with parchment paper...thanks to Maureen for the tip...it really makes cleanup easy...
...there was a recall on yellow onions here...so we had to throw our bag away...and get a new one...
...and guess what...the first onion I got out of the bag was not yellow...so funny...generally I'm not too particular about the colour of my onions...
...I still love my old Williams Sonoma terra cotta veggie roaster...it is the perfect way to cook vegetables...I can't find one exactly like it anymore...but there are lots of other terra cotta bakers...sometimes I make bread in it too...
...this is my favorite sock pattern...the one that I almost always make...they fit me well and they are so comfortable...I always reverse the stitches on the sole of the foot for a nice smooth "Princess Sole"...
...this is one of my favorite comfort foods...and I remember the first time I ever had macaroni made this way...when the Man and I were just dating and I was invited to dinner at his house...and his Mom made macaroni like this with just milk and butter...my Mom never made it that way as far as I remember...this is just cooked macaroni...then I add a good dollop of vegan butter (usually Earth Balance)....a good cup or so of vegan milk...this is almond milk...and a generous shake of both salt and pepper...do you ever make macaroni-no-cheese?...
...and finally...I've been drinking this 'tea' for my morning water with my vitamins...we bought it for Jack and I still brew a pot for him and add it to his water...it's supposed to help with kidney function...and the pain meds they prescribed for him can be hard on the kidneys...anywho...I'd never had nettle tea before...I like it and I don't add anything to it...have you ever tried Nettle tea?...

...how was that for a bunch of Friday morning randomness?...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That school bus idea is a cool one. I wondered how students without internet would do their school work. And no, I've never had nettle leaf tea. Sounds a bit weird! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a time for clever solutions and the bus is super.

    ReplyDelete