Friday, August 07, 2020

...8.7...Friday Favorites...I found some old gift cards...

...I was straightening up in the closet...and I picked up one of my old knitting totes...it had the remains of the Sky Scarf in it...there's a picture of the tote in that post as well...

...anywhoo...when I picked up the tote...I was just going to carry it downstairs and put the leftover yarn in my stash...but it felt like it was heavier than just leftover bits of yarn...

...so I opened the bag...
...and inside was this beat up old wallet from West Virginia days...we don't have a Yogurt Mountain here...
...but there were several other gift cards to things that we do have...
...so...I was wondering if any of them were still valid...and I called the 800 numbers on the back of each card...and guess what...FREE MONEY!...they all had a small balance remaining...so YAY!...

...I wrote the remaining balance on the back of each card...

...what a fun find!...I'll be spending those remaining bits soon...I'm going to give the Starbucks one to the kiddos to use up though...

...have you ever found un-used-up gift cards like that...it was a lot of fun!

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do believe I have. I think our best "find" was what appeared to be the change from a $100 bill for a small purchase in an old pair of ski-bibs. There was like $90+ wadded up in one of those little zipper pockets. Had obviously been there for years. Probably stopped on the ski slope and got a coffee or something, then forgot about it. Those bibs had been unused for 10 years or more! I agree, good fun!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. hurray for found giftcards! a few weeks ago - we were swapping rooms in the house - isaac moved upstairs to the bigger room and we moved the guest room downstairs . . . we found two walmart giftcards under the bed that were just enough money for a can of paint, a new brush, and icecream - exactly what we needed for finishing the room swap!

    ReplyDelete