Wednesday, August 19, 2020

...8.19...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...well...first of all...the black socks are finished...it is rainy here today...so there's no good light for photographing...and both the socks and Kitten just look like black blobs...well...you can see Kitten's eyes...
...so...I tried to get some detailed shots...maybe outside tomorrow...if there's sun...
...and this was supposed to showcase the princess sole...alas...it's just another black blob...
...in other news...I whipped up a super quick little double crochet beanie for a newborn baby boy...
...just your standard increases...12 into a ring...then 24...and finally 36...and then continue for a few rows and end with a row of single crochet...that's all...no real pattern for that...
...and then since the black socks are finished...I wanted a pair of no-show socks (or maybe you call them footsies, or socklettes)...to wear with my Keds...which are white...so I'd better finish before Labor Day...haha...

...I'm using this old Patons Pattern...I searched for it on the internet and found a copy on the WaybackMachine...

...the heel is much more pointed than I'm used to...so we'll see how it goes...I'm doing a princess sole...of course...and I may scoop the toe area out more than is pictured...but maybe not...we'll see...
...I got caught up on my correspondence...my bestie from Jr. High's Mom passed away yesterday...so sad...
...and I've started embroidering a dishtowel as a gift for a dear friend's daughter who's getting married in September...but sadly...we won't be able to attend the wedding...this is such a strange time...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness you're busy! We're heading back to the boat for a while tomorrow....so there will be lots of chores down there. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful socks! and I love the little kitty who posed with you.

    ReplyDelete