Thursday, August 27, 2020

...8.28...What I Ate in a Day ...as a Vegan...

...Breakfast...was just a big bowl of cereal...with homemade almond milk...and fruit...
...mid-morning...I had another apple...and some tea...
...lunch was one of my 'bowls'...black bean chili...sweet potatoes...and broccoli...and a little bit of fresh cucumber on the side...
...afternoon...I found these two small bits of leftovers...spinach and collards...neither one even a serving...so I just microwaved those and ate them up...I abhor food waste...you know...
...later in the afternoon...I was still kind-of 'snacky'...
...so I heated up a cornbread muffin...this really is becoming quite the 'snacky' kind of day...
...and then I really wanted brinner (breakfast for dinner)...so we made vegan scones (not sweet...just like biscuits)...and vegan sausage gravy...and scrambled tofu...I love breakfast anytime really...but especially for dinner...how about you?...
...oh...and I had some of those delicious homegrown tomatoes with that...I remember Daddy having tomato for breakfast when I was little...and how funny I thought that was...(not in a good way...but in a sort of ...eeeuuuwwww...way)...so now...it's funny to me that I like tomato with breakfast...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. I had left overs as well - the tofu curry actually held up pretty well to refrigeration. I remember thinking Daddy was odd liking tomatoes for breakfast - and I certainly like them now as well. Your tomatoes look wonderful, all I've got is storebought and they're not nearly so red and juicy. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your vegan sausage gravy recipe on your blog? This is something new for me and i'd love to make that.
    Love your lunch bowl.
    Yesterday i made... zucchini pasta with vegan feta and lemon. And a vegetable tajine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Éphée,
      ...I don't think I ever had...but it's just a basic bechamel with some sausage TVP added...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. The corn muffin looks very good. I do like brinner but haven't had it for quite some time. In my case I'm using real bacon so I limit myself :-) I had something very simple for dinner yesterday: a hot dog on a toasted bun, sliced tomato and avocado and a serving of potato, egg and radish salad. Tonight I made roasted herbed red potato and sweet potato and roasted chicken on a bed of mixed roasted veggies. I was lazy so all the veggies went in at the same time as the chicken. Needless to say they were all mushy by the time the chicken was ready. Saturday we will have cabbage rolls and perogies, probably a salad of some kind. I get bored very easily with meals so need a lot of variety. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarification, the roasted potatoes were done separately ~ thankfully ;-)

      Delete