Monday, August 31, 2020

...8.31...Over the Weekend...

...we got up early and had a big pancake breakfast...
...with a homemade vegan sausage patty...that was a delicious start to the weekend...
...then I packed up my bag with my new water bottle and a couple of masks and gloves...and headed to the grocery store...
...still not a huge amount of shopping...
...of note...pumpkin spice creamer...and some vanilla wafers...I was so happy to find these...but more on that in a bit...
...we needed some charcoal and chips...and potatoes...
...now about those wafers...sadly...they are NOT vegan...and it's a mistake I've made before...don't worry...our Church has a food bank drive going on right now...so they will be donated...

...but I read the front of the box...and did not carefully read the ingredients...The "U" or "K" symbol on a product means that it is certified kosher...it often does mean vegan also...but NOT ALWAYS...arghhhh...oh well...
...so...onto the BIG project for the weekend...

...weeks and weeks ago now...(before the pandemic)...Mom gave us her pressure washer...it's gasoline powered and she wanted an easier to start electric one...
...and we really need to pressure wash the outside of the house...
...most of the windows look like this...cobwebby...leafy...and well...just dirty...
...so the Man had no trouble at all cranking it...and it's kind of fun to use...
...mainly because you can see such a dramatic difference in the clean and the unclean areas...
...we washed the back windows...and the back porch...
...and then...the front door needed some attention too...
...and the front porch was very mossy...
...but see what I mean...this is just water at pressure...no chemicals were used at all...
...a few 'after' shots...a clean porch...
...clean living room windows...
...a clean front door...
...clean den windows...so nice to look out through those...
...a clean kitchen window...
...and a clean back door...
...and finally...while I had the sprayer out...I washed my bike...so a clean bicycle as well...

...this was such a satisfying project...Thanks for the sprayer Mom!...
...in other news...they cut the hayfield next to us...and I was so worried about it because we've had so much rain this August...
...but it dried...
...and they got it raked...
...and baled...and then this morning we were awakened by thunderstorms at 6:30...so just in time they managed to make hay while the sun shone...
...and I saw this from our newly washed kitchen window...
...a few fallen leaves scattered on the lawn...
...welcome harbingers of fall...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

7 comments:

  1. You did a great job of the pressure washing. We never did get to pressure washing of the patio pavers and probably won't do it now until Spring 2021. It's so nice to do away with the cobwebs and dust. Enjoy your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny,
      ...I do love for everything to be nice and clean...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. That creamer looks yummy! I'll have to see if the store here has that one. And the pressure washer cleanup looks so satisfying! I love those jobs where you get to see the results instantly. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve your crochet bag! Making a few of them for my grocery shopping is on my to do list since too long! I must attack this project soon! Do you have an easy pattern to suggest? I'm not good at crochetting, but i'm pretty ok at knitting.

    WOW; this pressure washer sure did a great job!

    Yes; fall is coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Éphée,
      ...most of my totes are crocheted...but there are so many nice knitted ones too...we're loving the nice clean windows and doors here...and we can't wait for fall...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  4. my husband started power washing the back patio but still has more to go. He loves the way everything looks so crisp and clean!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      ...we love looking out the nice clean windows too...good luck with your pressure washing...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete