Monday, August 03, 2020

...8.3...Over the Weekend...

...Our Airman sent us this short video of his sweet baby "banging two rocks together"...which is a funny 'joke' in our little family as the Man used to say...sardonically...that he didn't have any toys when he was little so they had to just play by "banging two rocks together"...hahaha...totally untrue...the same way you used to hear stories about so-and-so (usually Dad for some reason) having to walk to school up hill both ways in the snow...barefoot...
...and an update on Jack...he's doing so much better...we'll go back to the vet on Friday...
...Kitten seems to have one of her angry 'looks' on...I think she can't figure out why Jack is getting such special treatment...
...I did the grocery shopping...and I wanted sub sandwiches for lunch...so I bought the vegan 'fixins' for those...
...and they did not disappoint...just what I was wanting...
...the only other thing of note...the store finally stocks vegan chocolate chips...YAY!...
...after lunch...I made some blackberry jam...with gifted blackberries...
...just blackberries and vegan sugar...really...I mashed them up a bit...but not a lot...
...let them cook a bit...but not a lot...if you overcook jam like this it will taste bad...
...three pints of blackberries yields three half-pints of jam...
...two get sealed up...and one just gets a lid and into the fridge...
...so then I made some vegan scones...
...you know...you have to try the jam right away...
...so delicious...I really need to make scones more often...
...at Church on Sunday...our organist made one of the these masks featuring the Luther Rose for me and the Man...I love it...such a sweet and thoughtful gift...
...and I finished off my 'birthday' watermelon...
...while we watched the re-entry live on tv...it reminded me so much of watching the Apollo missions when I was little...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, the Airman's baby is such a sweetie! Glad Jack Jack is feeling better. And I LOVE those Dorito's. Makes me think I need a trip to the grocery store!! I missed the re-entry live, but watched it on Youtube later. Love, K

    ReplyDelete