Saturday, August 22, 2020

...8.22...Dinner and a Movie..

...we used the Taco Bell taco kit that we got in last week's shop...we've never had it before...usually we use the Old El Paso one...I just added a couple of Boca Burgers to the spice packet...
...and then we loaded up the shells...now...I want to mix and match...and have the Old El Paso spice packet with the Taco Bell taco shells...they really are better...now I just have to see if you can buy just the shells...

...so dinner was a success...but the movie...not so much...and you know how difficult it is for me to say anything bad...the movie was Super...it's a superhero black comedy film starring Rainn Wilson (Dwight Shrute on the Office)...and you may remember the Man insisting that I watch Fargo with him...also classed as a black comedy...and how absolutely awful that experience was for me...Super is probably not 'as bad' as Fargo...maybe just because I didn't find the character's motives to be so base...but this time the Man had not watched Super in advance as he had done with Fargo...so I had no one to quiz about the suspenseful parts...and they were many...and quite shocking...so basically I didn't find anything very funny about this movie...it's pretty brutal...and it's defintely NOT something you would watch with children...

...so there you have it...a pretty bad review...if you've watched Super let me know what you thought...did you sympathize with Frank or just think he was psycho?...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Hey - tacos look great. I usually just used TVP but using a Boca burger chopped up sounds better.

    Funny - we're actually watching the Fargo series now. It's actually a neat series, each season tied to the one before/movie, but not directly. I think you might actually enjoy it, and I'm sure the Man would. Lots of interesting guest appearances and cool story line.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner looks good and where I live you can buy the taco shells without all the other stuff or you can buy it all in a kit. I usually get the latter but sometimes it's good to just get the shells. I didn't see the movie Super but I have seen Fargo. Funny thing is I didn't think I would like Fargo and resisted seeing it for quite some time. Eventually I saw it on the television and it wasn't too bad (at least for me). As for what is on the television this weekend, I haven't found anything interesting or good ~ yet. I might watch Wild Wild West (Will Smith and Kevin Kline) though it isn't my first choice it is handy on my digital box. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I was saying that I remembered I started to watch the movie, Lady Bird with Saorise Ronan. I haven't finished but I think it was on Amazon Prime. Today I started watching another Saorise Ronan film called On Chesil Beach. Parts of it are appealing but the core story is not though it shows the innocence in those days (early 1960s). I really enjoyed another Saorise Ronan film which came out a few years ago, Brooklyn. Catch it if you haven't already. I think you would like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started to have French lessons to make sure I can speak when I - eventually - get to Lille to see those grand babies! Florence recommended several films and I have watched two. Sweet Bean and Our Little Sister, both absolutely beautiful. Both Japanese and sweet and gentle.

    ReplyDelete