Saturday, February 24, 2007

More Housework

This time I am doing it - with a lot of help from the Man...

We removed the carpet in the hallway to the kitchen and found - not hardwood but this...YIKES! - (Hey K. Doesn't that look familiar?)

Well - that won't do at all. Apparently this is what is under the nice Pergo that was installed before we moved in. And the kitchen floor extended into this short hallway - So we had to rethink our plans a little bit. We thought the Pergo would look funny right up against the "real" hardwood. So we built a little wall to separate the kitchen from the living room. I hated to do that because I like it all open - but one must compromise...

Then we took one of the Pergo flooring boards to the local hardware store and they were able to match it up exactly - there was some printing on the back of the board we took - so that made it easier.

We took the doors off the hall closet - they'll go back up - and some baseboard molding as well...

2 comments:

  1. wow, that is ugly!! you've done a neat job fixing it though!

    You inspired me - I went back and found the only photo that I know to exist showing the old tile at New Hill. I think they tie for the winner in the ugly contest. I'll post it on my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny - I thought it looked like what was at the New Hill house...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete