Sunday, February 04, 2007

Shake and Bake Tofu

I borrowed a recipe from http://thebakehouse.blogspot.com/2006/08/shake-bake-tofu-lunchbox.html

Kraft Shake and Bake original mix taken from the "Top Secret" recipe archives.

1/2 C plus 1 Tbsp corn flake crumbs
2 teaspoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon each paprika, sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder
Combine and use.

I used Extra Firm Tofu and they came out perfectly crispy-chewy - the Man-Cub loved them - the Man had his with Louisiana Hot Sauce - celery sticks and Ranch Dressing - this was a good Super Bowl Snack.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! I don't think I'll be able to pass off tofu in any form as a snack of any nature!! I'm sure you guys will live long and prosper because of it, though! I actually like tofu - just don't think to keep it on hand. I tried your marinating it with soy sauce - that is quite yummy.

    Look forward to seeing the derby car! I'm sure it will be awsome (as usual). Our kids did some pretty cute ones over the years. They've kept them all- I'll try to remember to snap a photo (after dusting, of course).

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete