Saturday, February 17, 2007

Stocking Cap Update


I'm about 1/2 way on the Stocking Cap - I don't really have a pattern - here's what I did :

I cast on 78 stitches with blue on #9 dpns and knit 2 purl 2 for about 5 inches - we like a pretty good cuff. Then I changed to Cascade and knit in Stockinette Stitch for 15 rows, then decreased one every 12 stitches. Then knit SS another 5 rows and decreased one every 11 stitches. Then knit another 5 rows and decreased one every 10 stitches. Then knit another 5 rows and decreased one every 9 stitches - you see where this is going don't you. Then knit another 5 rows and decrease every 8 stitches. Then I thought it was getting pretty narrow and I knit 10 rows and decreased one every 7 stitches. That's where I am now - I'm sure you can figure out the rest. I think I'll go on 15 rows and then decrease and maybe 20 rows at the end - we'll see how things shape up...

I like the pattern pretty well so far - more importantly - the Man-Cub likes it - I can't say the Red Heart is easy to work with though - it's sort of stiff and doesn't slide well on the needles...

0 comments:

Post a Comment