Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The First Cookout of the Year

We had our first cookout of 2009 - we made kabobs - KaBubbas - as they are affectioknit-ly known around here...

I chopped up some lovely organic red/yellow/orange/green bell peppers and some onions and tofu...

Scout helped me skewer everything and he and his Papa fired up the grill...

You can see the grass is just starting to turn green...

Apparently no cookout is complete without fireworks...

Scout lit a couple of smoke bombs that were left over from last year...

And for some strange reason the smoke bomb wound up in a tree...

Good Times!

7 comments:

  1. haha - the smoke bomb in the tree is too cute!

    cookout looks great too - i've been doing your baked tofu regularly - i keep a container of it in the fridge all the time - we just go get a snack when we're hungry....it is always too salty, though.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now is this the tofu you make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,

    Yep - it's the same - but I bake it first at about 450 coated with a little bit of olive oil - that's my favorite way to fix tofu...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kabobs look good. Smoke bomb fits the occasion. Glad you had fun. E

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for eating outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!! I love kabobs! You have me looking forward to the 4th of July already with the BBQ/firework combo. Summer food is just the best, is it not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're making me hungry and I have just had dinner.

    Outdoor dinning is the best on a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete