Thursday, July 22, 2010

From strawberries to blueberries...

...just like that - the fruit of the season changes...
.......and we go from eating a lot of strawberries to a lot of blueberries...
..........both are awesome options in my opinion...

...so we were up bright and early for some blueberry pancakes - the recipe is here - just add a bunch (and I do mean a BUNCH!) of blueberries...

...cook until golden brown in your Mama's old black cast iron pan...

...then pile them on a plate...

...and enjoy - I love how the blueberries become their own jam-y goodness and you don't even need syrup or anything else...Mmmmmm....

12 comments:

  1. agreed on the sweetness of those berries! looks super yummmy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I looove blueberries! How's your garden doing? Did you grow these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy!! those look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i come to your house for pancakes? i think it wouldn't take me too terribly long to drive there . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you pick your blueberries wild?

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't it wonderful how as the blueberries cook, they turn into these little gooey bursts of flavor? yum...love, k

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, now I'm thinking fresh cobbler tonight...it's cooling in the oven.. and blueberry pancakes tomorrow for breakfast.
    Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a lot of blueberries this week. Yum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look delicious! I am loving your cast iron too! I have an old pan from my grandma. Happy weekend!
    Peace,
    Angela (www.peachcoglo.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look yummy! We make pancakes quite a bit. I love them with blueberries, apple and cinnamon, and sometimes vegan chocolate chips! :)

    ReplyDelete