Friday, August 26, 2016

...Frugal Fridays...Leftover Flaxseeds...

...y'all remember the other day when I made that delicious Vegan German Chocolate Cake...

...well...I made my regular Flax Seed Goo Egg Replacer...
...well...as always happens...there are leftover cooked gooey flax seeds...
...I froze my leftover goo in little pyrex cups...1/4 cup for one egg...and 1/2 cup for two...

...but then I still had my goopy flax seeds...

...and I thought hhhmmmnnnn...if I dried them out...and ground them up...I could still use those...in cornbread...in cereal...yogurt...somewhere...I'd use them...
...so that's just what I did...

...I spread them out on my dehydrator sheet...
...and dried them back out...
...and ground them up in my old coffee grinder...
...waste no want not...as Nanny used to say...

...what frugal thing have you done recently?...I love frugal things...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Now there's a way to add some tasty roughage!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a retro jacket, made from a fake velvet but very cute and very cheap. Washed beautifully!

    ReplyDelete