Monday, August 07, 2017

...Over the Weekend...

...It's Blackberry Season around here...
...and this is where I picked my blackberries last year...
...the farmer across the road from us put in a nice new fence...(and good for him - I don't want to make it all about me)...and there will probably be blackberries here again in the future...but definitely not this year...
...and on the other side of the Church...across from the graveyard...I found another smaller stand of blackberries...
...nice and plump...
...seriously...almost as big and sweet and juicy as tame ones...

...so we got up nice and early...before it got too hot and buggy...and picked us a bunch of blackberries...
...and then had some for brekkie...
...with some vegan probiotic yogurt...and a sprinkling of chia seeds...
...I do love blackberries and free food is always nice...

...do you have blackberries free for the picking where you live?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. shame on me, i didn't notice this year! there are usually some bushes along the driveway, but often the birds/wildlife seem to get to them just before they're ripe. oh well, i'll try to remember to check next year.

    your breakfast looks fresh and lovely.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a playing field next to our garden and we have a door to get in there. It has hundreds of blackberry bushes but we also have one in the garden and that has no thorns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2-3 bushes in my backyard. They don't product very much though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know you don't see Facebook much....but i thought i'd point you to a post that Bridget put up with a link to a dessert ala Ben & Jerry's...http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/recipes/coconut-seven-layer-bar-cupcakes

    ReplyDelete